Two for the price of one

Tuesday November 7 was composed of Indonesian in the morning and the temple in the evening. Nothing really new about trying to learn Indonesian – Mary continues to do reading and learning the vocabulary while I continue to struggle. But I am not discouraged – at least not very often or very long.The temple was amazing. Four things happened there that I had never before experienced. Two I can write about and two I can not. For the first time in the five or six years I have been serving in the temple we had a sister in our session faint. We had to stop the endowment and get her some medical help. She was able to walk out of the room by herself but later I found she did go home. The other thing was that I did not pay attention to where I was supposed to be and so almost missed working in the initiatory booth. However for some reason I left where I thought I was supposed to be and went down to see if they were busy in the booths. When I found they were, I volunteered to help and the man in charged said that was nice since I was supposed to be there. Opps! Anyway they had all the booth going and so it was a good thing I was prompted to show up. The temple was slow but the spirit was still strong. It is a very special place to serve. Mary spent the afternoon working on her extraction work so she can leave a clean slate for sister Nixon.Wednesday November 8 was busy. Early morning was spent on Indonesian – nothing new there. I am listening to some of the conference talks in Indonesian and trying to follow the written text. Then I try to understand why the translator used the words they did. I do not know if it is helping but I try different things and hope something makes a break through.This freed us to run some errands. We went to South Towne Mall and did some shopping. I bought some summer pants and shorts that were on final closeout at Dillards for 99 cents. At Sears I bought some short sleeve white shirts. They only had 3 in the style and size I need so I am going to have to buy the other 4 on line. After shopping we went to Bryan Johnson’s to drop off a check so they can change where they take out our insurance payments. Then we dropped by ONB to pick up a rent check. We just missed Keith. The store looks very good but sales continue to be dismal. I do not miss being there at all.

The next stop was the bank and then lunch at a Chinese place. The food was very good. We were then going to the post office to send a package to ourselves in Indonesia. However Mary brought the wrong book and we did not have the mission home address so we came home. Mary napped and I worked on my Indonesian.

We left again at 2:15 to go and sign a contract to sell the apartments on Main Street in Orem. We are not gong to make any money – or at least not much – but we do get rid of a continuing source of problems. Also we will get enough cash to pay off the mortgage on the store. This way we will get all the rent instead of just half. It will insure that no matter what our mission costs we will have enough money. From there we went to the doctor’s where Mary got prescriptions for 18 months of her meds. It is a lot of medicine! It is a good thing that the mission insurance will pick up most of the costs. Our last stop was the post office where I paid $31 to ship 4 pounds to Indonesia. It is a good thing that Shawn gave me the purifiers.

So a few more things got crossed off our to do list. Hopefully we will get most of it done before everyone gathers for Thanksgiving.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *